Trans* people often find access to traditional employment difficult due to institutionalised transphobia. As such trans* people can sometimes find employment in the sex industry. Below is a list of resources relating to sex work.
- Release‘s legal guide to sex work is a comprehensive document giving a good overview to the legal situation regarding sex work. The guide covers sex work for all genders, although some of the language isn’t great.
- The English Collective of Prostitutes‘ “Know Your Rights” leaflet – available in English, Chinese, Bulgarian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Romanian.
- Confide, a confidential listening service for sex workers, ran by the Sex Workers Open University.
- x:talk is a London based project, offering free English classes for workers in the sex industry.
- Scot PEP has a guide to safety at work for sex workers, covering negotiation with clients, safe working practices and advice, and self defence.
- International Union of Sex Workers (GMB affiliated)
- Sex Worker Open University – support and education group, London
- The English Collective of Prostitutes
- Scot PEP
- UK Network for Sex Worker Projects
As with all external links, we cannot make any guarantees about the content.