At the 2017 Action for Trans Health Conference in October, we will be discussing and voting to co-create policy, processes and plans for campaigns that will be used across the network to deliver change for trans (including non-binary) people.
Trans members of ATH can suggest motions and vote, cis people are welcome to join as supporters but cannot steer the organisation. More information about joining is here: http://actionfortranshealth.org.uk/join
Click on one of the proposals below to read the full text:
Procedures and Rules
- A general manifesto for Action for Trans Health that can be applied to all the branches nationwide ensuring more political unity between branches as well as guidelines for new branches.
- ATH needs a complaint procedure
- Disputes and Mediation Policy
- New procedures around electing and removing committee members
- A Safer Spaces policy for ATH
Political and Campaigning
- Co-operatives and mutual aid offer a means of maintaining and increasing capacity – this proposal is about finding ways to use ATH to foster the growth of co-operatives and mutual aid for trans people
- ATH will develop a therapeutic provision, based on our model for electrolysis
Proposals Discussed at Conference
- Proposed constitution – Working group to create constitution draft by April 2018, to get involved email us.
- Let’s build a world without prisons – Motion passed!
- Moving help, house search, advice and benefits workshops for trans people hoping to leave their current living situation. – Moved to working group, email us to get involved.
- Changes to advocacy service – Items 1-5 passed with item 6 going to a working group.